|AMRC Manufacturing Ltd|
|N. Bazigos S.A|
|University of Patras|
University of Patras
The Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation (LMS), of the University of Patras, is under the supervision of Prof. George Chryssolouris. LMS is involved in a number of research projects funded by the EU and European industrial partners. Particular emphasis is given to the co-operation with the European industry as well as with a number of hi-tech firms. LMS employs approximately 70 researchers organised in three different groups: Innovative Manufacturing Processes, Advanced Human-Centred Design Techniques including Virtual Reality, and Production Systems Planning, Control and Networking. Under the subject Innovative Manufacturing Processes, LMS is involved in the research and development of innovative manufacturing processes including experimentation, modelling and simulation, with a high potential for improving quality, productivity, cost and environmental efficiency. LMS has participated in the following R&D projects related to these fields: FUTURA, My-Car, REMOWELD, COLA, ENGY, INTEGRITY, MASMICRO, CUSTOM-FIT.
LMS’ expertise and interest in robotic assembly system is focused but not limited to the following areas:
- Simulation of robotic assembly processes with special emphasis on the cooperation and coordination of issues using state of the art tools such as Delmia, Robcad, etc.
- Multi criteria design and optimisation of robotic assembly operations
- Design and configuration of flexible robotic stations and offline programming (OLP)
- Process control of robotic joining operations using advanced systems for robot vision capabilities
- Cooperative robots for flexible assembly operations
LMS is considered to be one of the key experts within Europe on innovative manufacturing processes using advanced simulation methods, and the design of machine tools.